Varnam - Sangeeta Bala Padam Part II | Music Book
• Sangeetha Bala Padam Pt. II: Varnam is a well-known music book in South India that is used to teach Carnatic music. Carnatic music is a classical music tradition that originated in South India, and it is known for its complex rhythms, intricate melodies, and emphasis on improvisation.
• The Carnatic Music Book is designed to teach students how to sing varnams in different ragams, which are a type of Carnatic music composition that incorporates both lyrics and complex melodies.
• Varnams are an important part of the Carnatic music repertoire, and they are used to teach a variety of musical concepts, including melody, rhythm, and phrasing.
• The contents are presented in a succinct way and includes all the valuable varnas that one must learn in order to attain proficiency. The notation is in a lucid form and easily learnt by readings.
• The varnams are arranged in a progressive order, starting with simple melodies and gradually increasing in complexity.
• The Carnatic Music Book also includes detailed explanations of the different musical concepts used in the varnams, as well as instructions on how to sing them correctly.
• The Carnatic Music Book is widely used in music schools and colleges in South India, and it is considered a classic work in the field of Carnatic music education.