Tula Kaveri Mahatmyam - Tamil | by Arunagiri/ Hindu Purana/ Hindu Religious Book
The Tamil poet Arunagirinathar, who lived in the 15th century, was a follower of Lord Murugan, the Hindu deity of fight and triumph. He is well-known for his literary creations compiled into Hindu spiritual books/stotra books/devotional books, commonly referred to as Thiruppugazh, which include more than 1,300 hymns praising Lord Murugan. The Thiruppugazh is highly regarded in Tamil Nadu and among Lord Murugan believers worldwide as one of the best masterpieces of Tamil literature.
According to legend, Arunagirinathar was born at Thiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu, India. Ratnagiri Nathar was his original name. He is said to have led an indulgent and extravagant life before experiencing a spiritual awakening and dedicating himself to Lord Murugan.
About this Hindu spiritual book/stotra book/devotional book:
• The Tamil poet-saint Arunagirinathar wrote the devotional book Thula Kaveri Mahatmyam.
• It extols the virtues of the Kaveri River, highlighting its importance in Srirangam, one of the most sacred locations for Vaishnavites.
• The different tirthas (holy locations) along the river are discussed throughout the text, as well as the ancient legends surrounding them.
• The rites and offerings connected to the numerous deities who are claimed to live on the banks of the Kaveri are also described.
• One excellent resource for learning about Tamil Nadu's religious and cultural past is Thula Kaveri Mahatmyam.
• Find more such similar Hindu spiritual books, stotra books, devotional books, bhakti books, stotram books and more at the Giri book section!