Giri Javadhu Vasanai Vibhuti | Thiruneeru/ Scented Holy Ash/ Viboothi/ Bhasma for Pooja
• Vibuthi, also called Bhasma powder(Holy Ash), is a word that has several meanings in Hinduism.
• Generally, it is used to denote the sacred ash, which is made of burned cow dung.
• Vibhooti is a symbolic significance to applying it to the body.
• Vibhuti is usually worn on the forehead, arms, or neck.
• It is a symbolic representation that Shiva and Shakti are the only truth in the universe, and everything comes into being only through the union of Shiva and Shakti. Bhasma or Udi is also called "Thiruneeru".
• Holy Ash gives spiritual power to protect the devotees from evil spirits.
• Vibhuti has certain healing properties that help relieve some illnesses. Our ancestors practiced applying vibuthi on a daily basis, as it prevented them from falling sick.
• Thiruneer is charged with positive energy and should be taken with the right hand and applied to the forehead as three horizontal lines.
• Vibhooti can be worn by women above their bindis. This packet of Thiruneeru/Bhasma can be used daily after a bath, as it is believed to be one of the purest substances.