Krishna And Jarasandha
• "Krishna and Jarasandha" is a historical fiction book written by Kamala Chandrakant published by Amar chitra katha. The story is set in the ancient Indian kingdom of Mathura, which was ruled by the evil king Jarasandha.
• The book revolves around the epic battle between Krishna, the hero of the story, and Jarasandha.
• Krishna, who is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, is born to Devaki and Vasudeva in Mathura. However, he is raised by his foster parents in Vrindavan to protect him from Kamsa, the cruel ruler of Mathura, who seeks to kill him. When Krishna grows up, he returns to Mathura to kill Kamsa and free the kingdom from his tyranny.
• After Kamsa's death, Jarasandha, the powerful king of Magadha, attacks Mathura to avenge Kamsa's death. Krishna and his friend Arjuna, the hero of the Mahabharata, led the defence of Mathura against Jarasandha and his army. The book describes the various battles and strategies used by both sides to gain an advantage.
• Through the course of the story, Krishna also falls in love with Rukmini, the princess of Vidarbha. The book details the challenges faced by Krishna in winning her hand in marriage and the subsequent battle to protect her from her own brother, who opposes their union.
"Krishna and Jarasandha" is a fascinating retelling of an epic battle from Indian mythology. It is a must-read for anyone interested in Indian history and mythology.
• Amar Chitra Katha comics, a prominent publication house based in India, specializes in creating and distributing a vast array of comics and books deeply rooted in Indian culture, mythology, history, and folklore. Established in 1967 by Anant Pai, fondly known as the "Father of Indian Comics," Amar Chitra Katha book has become an integral part of Indian literary heritage.Z