Ghungroo | Brass Salangai/ Bharatanatyam Ghunghroo for Dance
• This ghungroo is also known as salangai that is made of leather and netted with two lines of small bells made of brass. This ghunghroo is used while performing the traditional and classical dances.
• Since the quality of the brass used in the bells is good, the buckles and straps in this product are sturdy, so it is durable.
• The sound produced by Ghunghroo during the dance is rich and resonates with the audience.
• Ghungroo is a musical accessory that has been used in classical Indian dance forms for centuries. It is a set of small bells that are tied around the ankles of a dancer and produce a jingling sound when the dancer moves. The sound of the ghungroo is an integral part of the music and adds an extra dimension to the dance performance.
• The bells are made of brass and are carefully crafted to produce a clear and melodious sound.
• The use of salangai in dance has a long and rich history in India, with references to its use dating back to ancient texts and scriptures. It is a symbol of the rich cultural heritage of India and is still an essential part of classical dance forms such as Bharatanatyam, Kathak, and Kuchipudi.
• Apart from its cultural significance, the sound of the Bharatanatyam ghungroo is believed to have therapeutic benefits as well. The jingling sound of the bells is said to have a calming effect on the mind and can help reduce stress and anxiety.
• Whether you are a professional dancer or simply looking to explore the rich traditions of India, the Bharatanatyam ghungroo is a must-have accessory that will add an extra dimension of beauty and grace to your performances.