Kerala Vilakku | 5 Face Nilavilakku/ Brass Kerala Lamp for Pooja
The Kerala Lamp/Nilavilakku is the most popular and widely used traditional lamp in Kerala. Positivity and wealth are drawn into the home when an oil lamp is lit. Young Keralities family members bring these lamps from the Pooja room to Varandha as the sun sets. And chant the Vedas and Upanishads to purify the people' thoughts. Additionally, it is thought that illuminating these lamps promotes peace and wealth.
• Crafted with brass to withstand heat, it is suitable for daily use.
• Nilavilakku is also commonly used in temples and during traditional wedding ceremonies. A wonderful gift or traditional souvenir from Kerala, Southern India.
• The purpose to provide a soothing light to highlight the features of the Deity placed in the Pooja room. Within the kerala lamp, mulitiple wicks, or thiris, can be held seperately. The lamp looks like several diyas have lit up at once.
• This Kerala Vilakku is a traditional lamp from the state of Kerala. It has a round base to place the wick/thiri and is deep enough to retain oil to burn the thiri/wick for a long time. The vilakku is beautiful, well-crafted, and can be taken apart for easy storage. This kerala Vilakku has a sturdy and well-designed stand.
• This Kerala Kuthu vilakku can be used in the puja room for daily rituals and puja.
• Creates a lovely piece of interior decor.
• It makes a wonderful and considerate gift.
• Made of Brass, it is easy to clean and maintain.